Mar 12, 2009

One thing I hate...

If there is one thing I hate more than anything in this world, it would be Getting Scammed! I hate that people can be so cold, so chalice, so manipulative to just lie right to your face. It boggles my mind that there are really these type of people out there, preying on honest people. This morning my mom called me because a fax came to her work, talking about affordable health insurance- even for pre-existing conditions.
background...Recently we have been trying to get health insurance for Tate, but have been denied because he has a Heart Murmur. No one will cover us and its been so frustrating. We've looked into all the state programs, but don't qualify.
So I called the number my mom gave me. Now, I'm not stupid, I think I'm pretty good at spotting when something is "too good to be true". But this man would not let up, he went on and on about how great the coverage was. In the beginning I told him I would like an email or letter about the plan. He kept saying wait until I explain it. So after he explained it, he said, "I just need your credit card number to get it started for you." I immediately explained that I'm not giving my credit card number to anyone, unless I get paperwork about the plan. He kept going on and on until I finally just hung up.
Even though I didn't fall for it, I know there are people out there that would. This man was just waiting for someone to call, someone that is just looking to help their family survive, and he is just willing to take their money. THE NERVE!

1 comment:

Dasha said...

Is there anything more frustrating than the health care system in this country? Geez.