Mar 3, 2009

A week of FIRSTS

There is a first time for everything. And this week we have experienced a lot


(15 lb 8 oz, 25 1/2 in)

1. At Tate's 4 month appointment the doctor told us he can start eating food! So we tied him on Rice Cereal for the first time. I don't think he's been able to eat a whole lot of it, or even any of it



2. I put Tate in a shopping cart for the first time with out his car seat.

3. Mike took me Snowboarding for the first time. He got me a snowboard the first Christmas we were married and I finally got to use it. However, I'm not sure it's going to be used anymore... I was on my butt pretty much the entire day. On the hard hills I literally sat on my butt with the board in front of me and just slid down the hill.


4. Mike and I got deathly ill on Cafe Rio for the first time. We had it Saturday night and left it in the car for a couple hours while we went to IKEA and I guess that's a bad idea. We ate it after Church on Sunday and by 2:00 am the next morning Mike was up puking his guts out. He didn't stop throwing up until 6 am... and that's when it finally hit me. But luckily I only threw up once. It reminded me so much of being pregnant and I'm sort of glad Mike got a chance to experience that.

5. I passed out for the first time! From being so sick and not eating anything I actually fainted in the shower...So scary!

6. I hit a car for the first time while waiting in line in a drive thru. Not bad, but I just took my foot off the break while reaching around to find Tate's Binky and felt a big thud. I felt like an IDIOT

And that's our week in a nutshell!

5 comments:

John and Maren Williams said...

THAT is a lot of firsts! I'm glad you finally went snowboarding! Yes, I am laughing at you for hitting a car in a drive through but do feel bad you two were sick YUCK. Tate is looking so much like you these days! he has your eyes, so beautiful!

The Oldroyd's said...

Wow lots of firsts. I have passed out a few times. It really is so scary. Yikes!

Anonymous said...

WOW.. settle down guys! I can't believe all that. Tate is huge by the way. Brody is only 6 pounds more than he is. I used to pass out all the time. It is the strangest thing.

Emily Call said...

Wow, what a week. I have never passed out, but have felt like I was going to several times... how scary that it was while you were in the shower. Glad you guys are feeling better.

Oh, and Tate had his first experience at the Stampin' Up! Blow out sale last week too. ha ha.

Whitney said...

What a crazy week! The drive-thru story is pretty funny, but I am glad that no one was hurt! Good for you for going snowboarding. My first (and only) time was pretty much the same way. I totally agree with Maren that Tate has your eyes. I was just thinking that looking at your pictures. Will I ever get to see him!?!