Oct 26, 2009

Halloween Party

I have not once bought a Halloween costume. They are ridiculously expensive and made of cheap thin material. Instead every single year I raid my parents Halloween boxes. They are 2 1/2 boxes full of old clothes that we would never wear in public again. Most of the clothes fit me when I was between the ages of 6-12. I helped throw a halloween party with all our old highschool buddies.... So I dug up this old Bridesmaid dress that my sister wore to my aunts wedding when she was 14, and I went as a 1980's Prom queen. Mike wore this hidious blue and red plaid jacket (who knows where is came from) and went as a used car salesman. Tate was a Turtle

Mike and Dasha as The librarian and her nerd

The hippy showed up


The witch and her cute octopus (his costume below)

The Genie


John and Kate + 8

We had about 5 people show up in cowbow attire

The black widow and her victim

And our the adorable little boys, the Octopus and turtle. They didn't last very long in their outfits, however. Tate will pick on Carter every time they get together. But Carter is such a good little boy he just puts up with it.



I didn't get everyone's picture but it was great to see everyone again! Thanks Teri for the fun night!



4 comments:

The Camps said...

Oh it was so much fun! we have to do that every year!!!Your costumes were hilarious, and I'm sure Carter loves Tate deep down :) they really are best friends they just don't know it yet. Thanks for all of your help.

Dasha said...

Oh man I love the look on Maren's face and the picture of Tate shoving poor Carter. Classic. Thanks for inviting us to the party- it was a lot of fun!

The Oldroyd's said...

That is awesome. I love the Jon and Kate costumes and you guys rock too.

Emily Call said...

How cute. Love seeing all the costumes.