Jun 8, 2009

On Our Own Again

Yes, we are moving... FINALLY. We have been living in my parent's basement for the past 10 months, and have survived. I'm kidding, I have actually really enjoyed-even loved- being so close to my Mom and Dad, especially when Mike is working I can just go upstairs and hang out. They have been so awesome to have us there while we've had to figure out what to do with our lives. We bought a condo in Pleasant Grove 2 years ago and at that time we kept saying "we have to get into something because the market just keeps going up!" uhhhhhh DUMB US! Just 3 or 4 months later the market kept going down and Mike's job at the time was having him drive so far to work (Brigham city some days) that we were spending $800 a month in gas that we didn't budget for. With a baby on the way we were worried that if it continued that way and I wasn't working we were going to be in trouble.

Then Mike got a job in the Salt Lake downtown area and my parents offered to have us live there while we rented out our place. It has been one of the best decisions we've made. Not only have we been able to save so much, but Mike got a new better job in the field he is going to school for. The company is called L3communications and we know it wouldn't have happened unless we were living here. A couple of my parents neighbors work there and put in a good word for Mike that made it possible.

Now it's time we try out the real world again, Wish us luck!

So I know you have been reading and reading just wondering when this blessed day is going to be so you can open your schedule to help... June 20th, I'll be waiting for you!

3 comments:

Whitney said...

How exciting! I am sure you guys will be glad to have your own place again. Congrats!

Whitney said...

ps WHERE are you moving to?

Chelsey said...

Sandy, just some apartments off 9400 S.