Aug 24, 2009

My List

20 Things to do before my 25th birthday
I am reading a book right now that inspired me to make a list of things I want to do before I turn the big 2-5, and since I'm turning 24 this week I thought it was fitting. The book is called The Next Thing on my List and I hope not to follow in her footsteps since she dies after accomplishing the first goal, losing 100 lbs.
So here goes
1. Learn how to really swim
2. Keep a plant alive
3. Get on TV
4. Play a soccer game
5. Visit 25 new parks in Utah I've never been to
6. Visit teach every month starting September
7. Run a Marathon
8. Kill a big spider myself
9. Eat one vegetable everyday, even if it's just a baby carrot
10. Volunteer anywhere I can
11. Visit the Oregon Coast
12. Go to the Temple once a month
13. Actually fill Christmas stockings this year
14. Go to a fancy restaurant
15. Try snowboarding one more time
16. Read the book of Mormon
17. Learn how to sew something, anything
18. Eat something new every month
19. Throw my baby the best 1st birthday party
20. Turn off the TV and read more books
Wow, that is hard to think up all those many many things. You can bet by next year you will see a whole new Chelsey you might not even recognize.

6 comments:

Emily Call said...

awesome! I make lists like that periodically and it is amazing how helpful it really is to have it in writing! Good luck. Oh, and Happy Birthday on Friday!

Carly said...

How fun, Bailee goes to the doctor on Sept 14th so I blog about how much she weighs then, at her last drs. appt she weighed 14lbs which was almost two months ago.

The Call's said...

That is a super good idea!

The Oldroyd's said...

That is cool. Good luck! You can do it! Happy Birthday!

Dasha said...

Wow you are ambitious! I used to think that I wanted to run a marathon, but then I realized how long 26 miles actually was and changed my mind. If you are training for one, though, there is an awesome website called runningmap.com that tracks how long your run is and stuff. Good luck!

Whitney said...

Love the list and it just might have inspired me! I also want to read that book. Happy anniversary!! Wish we got to see you more and happy birthday tomorrow! Love you!