Feb 7, 2011

I had a baby, ahhhhhhhhhhh


Yes, that's right, I had a baby. My 2nd one down, and only 1 more to go (I think). I have a new respect for any mother that has more than 2 children. That is a lot to put your body through, I cannot imagine getting pregnant more than absolutely necessary. I'm pretty sure my body will only be able to handle it one more time and then I'm done. (please remind me of this in a couple years when I want another kid) Our little girl was born November 29th at 2:54 in the afternoon. She came exactly 1 week early. We named her Olivia Kitterman. 7.2 lbs
She is the most content baby, never crying and always smiling., and has made this whole transition from 1 kid to 2 a lot easier than I thought. I love her so much. But It's a lot of work having a newborn and a 2 year old, well not just any 2 year old, Tate. I really really really love him but I can honestly say I think he is the most active 2 year old there is. Anywhere we go he has to touch and feel everything, turn on and off the lights, climb all over the furniture, run around like a crazy person, throw things. I feel like whenever we go anywhere that is not kid proofed I'm constantly saying no and just wishing he could just sit still. But I promise, I love him! I just want to know when this phase will end.
The first month of Olivia's life, Tate pretty much just ignored her presence in our house. He is just starting to come around now. I have heard that 2 kids is easier than 1 because they can entertain each other, So I'm hoping that eventually they will be good friends.

8 comments:

sNick said...

She's beautiful! Nice work!

The Call's said...

What a cute baby you had! Love the new look of the blog

Dasha said...

Congratulations! She and Tate are both so cute- what a beautiful little family you guys have. Hope the whole 2 kids thing gets easier! I'm sure when they get older it will be nice to have them so close in age so they can play together.

Kim L. said...

She is a doll. Congrats. Tate sounds like a typical boy to me. Picture what MY house is like with 4 of those! You will PROBABLY find that Olivia can sit still MUCH longer....but instead of draining you physically, she will more than likely drain you mentally and emotionally. However, don't put a "cap" on yourself yet. Although they are A LOT of work...there is no greater blessing that you can receive in this life...that you can take with you to the next. Temporary difficulty for eternal joy. CONGRATS!

Emily Call said...

Yay! You updated your blog. I love little Miss Olivia. That last picture of her is so so so adorable.

Whitney said...

I love her cheeks in that first picture. I'm glad that Tate is finally starting to acknowledge her presence, even though it was hilarious to watch him ignore her! Cute font on your blog!

The Oldroyd's said...

Congrats! I had no idea. Do you still work at Stampin' Up? So fun. Now we have two kids really close together. Cameron was born Oct 15th 2008 (remember we had due dates one day apart- he was 3 weeks early) McKenna was born October 23rd (she was 2 1/2 weeks early.) Any ways congrats!

Broadheads said...

Shes so cute!!! I bet you are loving every min of it! Congrats